Friday, February 2, 2007

Teaching is Fun!!

I love young people and I love to teach! I love to inspire and I love to impart knowledge! When I started substitute teaching a year and a half ago, I never knew I'd learn so much about how students learn. Out of the 32 schools in WISD, I've subbed at 21! That's a lot! All of the high schools, all but one middle school and the rest, elementary! My goal was to teach at all 32. Perhaps I can make that goal come true this year!

Most of the schools I've taught at the kids and I have a great time! I learn so much when teaching! Students know I expect only the best out of them and I am very consistent with my expecatations. It's a great feeling to know that students look forward to you coming to teach! I get that most every place I go. It's a blessing!

I've enjoyed substitute teaching so much that I decided to get certified to become a full-time teacher. I'm getting alternative teacher certification through MCC in Generalist 4-8, which means that I can teach at the elementary level grades 4-5 and middle school 6-8 in all of the core content classes like Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. As a substitute teacher I've already taught quite a bit in all the areas.

Here's a collage of some 7th grade Athens students from Cesar Chavez Middle School on the last day of school! We were having fun taking what I call "lean in nostril" shots!

No comments: